Shreveport, LA

So we went to my dad's hometown of Shreveport, LA., this May, to attend the funeral of a family member who turned out not to have died! She actually held on until today. So in honor of Aunt Birdie Lee, I am posting the photos from "the other LA" today...


Shreveport, LA
Fairfield Place, the bed and breakfast where we stayed. It's the oldest house on Fairfield Ave, built in the 1870s!

Shreveport, LA
This picture is so my idea of the "the South."

Shreveport, LA
The porch was by FAR my favorite place to hang.

Shreveport, LA Shreveport, LA
This was my room, it was called "Rebecca" and it had a claw foot tub!

Shreveport, LA
My dad told me that Community Coffee is where it's at in the South. Apparently, to this day, it's all my grandma, from Mississippi will drink.

Shreveport, LA Shreveport, LA
My beautiful cousin Danielle and a self-portrait of me "porch settin'."

Shreveport, LA
This is how we spent most of our time. Laughing and sitting on the porch.

Shreveport, LA
At night though, we went out to some crazy restaurants. And even though I don't eat seafood, the "Crawfish Palace" was one of my favorites.

Shreveport, LA
The family chowing down on some crawfish.

Shreveport, LA
We got personally introduced to these guys.

Shreveport, LA
My cousin with a crawfish.

Shreveport, LA Shreveport, LA
The Tharpe men. My dad & his brother John (matching) and my Uncle William (he didn't get the white polo shirt memo).

Shreveport, LA
My Uncle John and his beautiful daughter.

Shreveport, LA Shreveport, LA
Strawn's was one of my grandpa's favorite places to eat.

Shreveport, LA
Seriously, amazing pie.

My dad took us on a tour of where he grew up...

Shreveport, LA Shreveport, LA
My dad's childhood home. Apparently my grandpa helped build this entire block!
And how gorgeous are these trees!?

Shreveport, LA
I finally got to visit my grandpa's grave.

Shreveport, LA
All of grandpa's kids together at his gravesite. I love that everyone is laughing in this picture, just like they would've been if he was actually there.

oh and also... do I have the cutest second cousins, or what?

Shreveport, LA

Shreveport, LA


So there we go, those are most of the pics from my time in Shreveport. I loved spending time with family members that I rarely get to see and it was all because Aunt Birdie Lee brought us together. Thanks for the memories Birdie Lee!

1 comments:

Andree Belle said...

YOU CAPTURE LIFE!!!! i love these... so gifted...